In this section we hope to answer some of the most common questions we get asked concerning our drones.
How high can your drones fly?
- In keeping with FAA regulations, all of drones are flown between 1 and 400 feet high. Exceptions to fly above 400ft can made, but we first need to obtain special wavier approvals from the FAA for your project. Let us know on our Contact Page if you believe you will need this option.
How far can you fly?
- Our drones are always operated within visual line of sight, which is typically around 1,500 feet.
How long can your drones stay airborne?
- The average flight time for our drones is 14-18 minutes depending on flight conditions and coverage needed.
How fast can they go?
- Our drones have a top speed of 50mph.
Can you fly indoors?
- Yes we can. However, the environment would need to be fairly spacious, like a warehouse or a large maintenance garage.
Do you have a fail-safe system on your drones?
- Yes, all of our drones are equipped with a GPS fail-safe system that will automatically return the drone safely to its original take off location if there is a loss of signal or other problem.
Are you insured in case of an accident?
- Yes, Ozark Drones is fully covered under Aviation Liability. We have a one-million dollar personal injury and property damage policy. Our operators have also undergone FAA Part 107 certification & training requirements.
Can you travel out of state?
- Yes we can. Ozark Drones has global coverage on Aviation Liability Insurance, allowing us to do work all over the United States and other countries.
What drones do you use?
- We use the DJI Inspire 1. With our production experience, the DJI Inspire 1 has proven to be the most versatile option of all the aerial UAVs we have flown. It offers long flight times with superb 4K and Full HD aerial footage.
What weather can you fly in?
- Unfortunately we cannot fly in rain or snow. Strong wind gusts can also pose a problem, so we typically don't fly with wind speeds over 20mph.
Do you rent your drones for others to fly?
- No, we do not.
How much does it cost?
- We price each shoot differently depending on overall production needed. You can easily request a quote from our Contact Page here. Please include any and all details regarding your shoot needs.