In this section we hope to answer some of the most common questions we get asked concerning our drones.
What camera system is used on your drones?
- We utilize the DJI Zenmuse X5 camera system, which has a micro four thirds sensor. This camera setup allows us to use interchangeable lenses for more creative freedom, such as 30mm and 90mm lenses.
How much does it cost?
- We quote each shoot differently depending on overall production needed and if any special FAA airspace authorizations will be required. You can easily request a quote from our Contact Page here. Please include any and all details regarding your shoot needs. The more information you provide will help insure a more accurate quote.
How high can your drones fly?
- In keeping with FAA regulations, our drones can be flown up to 400' feet high. Exceptions to fly above 400' feet can be made for your project, but we are required to file an airspace authorization with the FAA prior to your shoot. Let us know on our Contact Page if you think you will require flights above 400' feet.
How far can you fly?
- Our drones are always operated within visual line of sight, which is typically around 1,500 feet. This can vary depending on the location.
How long can your drones stay airborne?
- The average flight time for our drones is 14 minutes, depending on the flight conditions and aerial coverage needed.
How fast can they go?
- Our drones have a top speed of 50mph. However, we highly recommend slower flights for a more cinematic look.
Can you fly indoors?
- Yes we can. However, the environment will need to be fairly spacious, such as a warehouse or a large maintenance garage.
Do you have a fail-safe system on your drones?
- Yes, all of our drones are equipped with a GPS fail-safe systems that will automatically return the drone safely to its original take off location if there is a loss of signal or other problem. We can also set up a GEO-fence using GPS coordinates to limit the flight range of our drones.
Are you insured in case of an accident?
- Yes, Ozark Drones is fully covered under Aviation Liability. We have a one-million dollar personal injury and property damage policy. Our operators have also undergone FAA Part 107 certification and FAA flight training requirements.
Can you travel out of state?
- Yes we can. Ozark Drones has global coverage on Aviation Liability Insurance, allowing us to do work all over the United States and other countries.
What drones do you use?
- We use the DJI Inspire 1. With our production experience, the DJI Inspire 1 has proven to be the most versatile option of all the aerial UAVs we have flown. It offers long flight times with superb 4K and Full HD aerial footage.
What weather can you fly in?
- Unfortunately we cannot fly in rain or snow. Strong wind gusts can also pose a problem, so we typically don't fly with wind speeds over 20mph.
Do you rent your drones for others to fly?
- No, we do not.